History of the Israeli Krav Maga Academy
Shachar Izraeli and Elad Binenfeld have a vision – that every boy and girl in the world will know how to protect themselves!
Shachar and Elad grew up in the International Krav Maga Federation – IKMF. Eyal Yanilov, Gabi Noah, Eli Ben-Ami and Avi Moyal were their teachers from 1997-2009. The two founded the Israeli Krav Maga Academy – KMA ISRAEL in 2010 and since then tens of thousands of trainees and instructors have passed under them in Israel and abroad.
The organization was established with the aim of promoting, developing and preserving the Krav Maga method. After more than 20 consecutive years of experience in Krav Maga instruction, in Israel and around the world and in a direct and inseparable connection to education, the academy has established a program in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, in which students study their Krav Maga method and teaching. In addition to its branches in Israel and abroad, the academy operates within the framework of shelter of the Ministry of Welfare, accompanies and operates instructors in associations for children and youth at risk and provides a real-time response to schools and institutions for cases of violence.
Much of the academy’s activity is concentrated in training:
- Teaching Staffs – Training of educators and professionals teachers, protected counselors and home parents. Training crews to speak in self-defense.
- Self-Defense Teachers – Training of physical education teachers to teach self-defense in accordance with the needs of the Ministry of Education and according to its pedagogical requirements
- School Instructors – Training of instructors dedicated to working in schools with children and youth as part of its program at the Ministry of Education.
- Krav Maga instructors in Israel – The instructors of the academy staff began their careers as full-time trainees in the various branches, trained under the guidance of the senior staff and then underwent their training as Krav Maga instructors at the Wingate Institute.
- Training Assistants – a program designed for children and youth among the academy’s students in its various branches
- Krav Maga Instructors Abroad – The entire team of instructors abroad has been trained under the academy and instruct according to the same standards
In our humble opinion, proper education through the method of Krav Maga can significantly prevent a large percentage of the violence problems that exist around us today. We believe in change, without faith, we would not see our future and the future of our children here. We create and work for this fearless social change, from small to large, in order to plant and strengthen our Zionist roots, while assimilating the cornerstones of the system values, mutual respect and discipline.
” SO ONE MAY WALK IN PEACE”